Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Hotel Duval Brings Luxury Boutique to Tallahassee!

Opening in Spring of 2009!



I have to brag a little bit today....

I haven't updated lately because I've been so busy with my new job! I recently accepted the Guest Services Manager position at Hotel Duval in Tallahassee. It is a very promising downtown hotel venture I am extremely excited about! I was really worried about finding a good job when I first moved here because Tallahassee didn't have much in the way of upscale hotels. There was definitely nothing that could be considered luxury. Hotel Duval is EXACTLY what Tallahassee has been missing and I'm very glad to be on the team. It was formerly a Radisson and a Park Plaza but wasn't realizing its full potential because money wasn't being put back into the asset.
Duval Partners stepped in and bought it and has laid out a multi-million dollar renovatation plan to transform the property into a luxury boutique hotel. This is my first opportunity to be on an opening team so I'm really able to apply alot of the creativity to our operating procedures nad problem solving. There is so much resistance to change in properties that are already fully operational. Two of my main initial goals are to secure our AAA four diamond status within 18 months, and to secure our FGLA one palm status before we open for business in March. My passion for sustainable business solutions has landed me the affectionate office nick-name of the "resident hippie" so it seemed only natural when Marc Bauer, my GM, designated me as leader of the "Green Team". Everyone got a chuckle out of my excitement to take on more work load. :) (but JJ is so proud! haha)


Now about the hotel....


The 117 guest rooms and suites are decorated with the use of color theory. Each floor is a different color palette, so the guest has the option at check-in to tell us how they want to feel. The picture above is Energizing Citrus and below is the Refreshing Blue. We also have Serene Greens, Peaceful Neutrals, Uplifting Yellows, and Exhilarating Reds. Isn't that so creative? Everywhere in the hospitality industry you hear about "customizing & personalizing the guest's experience" and so many times that translates to using your ideas and tastes to give the guest something you think/hope they will enjoy. This color theory concept allows us to engage the guest in personalizing their experience and assists us with understanding the motives and goals of their stay. It's truly unique and I think it will be a huge hit.






Our on-site restaurant will be a Shula's 347 which will definitely create a huge draw of both locals and overnighters. If you've never had a Shula's steak, you are missing out. They are wonderful! I can't wait to use my employee discount!


We will also have a cafe serving Starbucks coffee, breakfast, and lunch during the day and serving cocktails at night.

The creme de la creme is the ROOFTOP BAR that overlooks downtown! The views are phenomenal and will no doubt be a very popular spot local hotspot. I'm sure our hotel patrons will also enjoy the convenience of riding an elevator home rather than a taxi!

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll be posting alot more between about the propety between now and March (and beyond). I think our website is still under construction, but we should have a lot of progress by the first week in January. I'll put the link up when the site is finished.


Here are a few more pics unti then...



This is a view of the lobby. The back of the picture is the LeRoc Lounge and Cafe which will serve Starbucks coffee and breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon, and cocktails at night. The front desk is on the far left and the main entrance will be to the left of the blue picture.




This is a view of one of our Peaceful Neutrals guestrooms as if you were seated in the chaisse lounge. The 37" and 42" LCD flatscreens have a backlighting panel that can double as a nightlight if you choose to use them. The rooms will also have rainmaker shower heads and pebble floors that massage your feet as you shower!







No comments: